Many brides ask me this question. There are many things to consider when choosing a look for your big day.
1) When will pictures be taken? This will help you and the makeup artist determine how much makeup is necessary.
- morning/ early afternoon: the light is softer so a more subdued look is best
- early/ late afternoon: there will not be as much daylight so a slightly more dramatic look should be worn, compared to your every day look
- late afternoon/ evening: the sun will be even less visible and eventually be gone so a mix more dramatic look is needed to ensure your beauty shows up in pictures.
2) What is your daily look?
- Do you wear no makeup, little to no makeup or a full face?
- What do you wear on your eyes each day? Smokey eye, light eye makeup, just mascara?
- Is your hair worn curly, straight, wavy?
- Do you wear your hair up, down, half up/ half down?
3) You should wear a look that makes you feel like a princess but you should still look like yourself, a more polished version.
Once all of these questions are answered you'll have a much better idea of what you want.